Basic Maintenance That’s Far from Basic
Maintenance for WordPress Websites
WordPress powers 43% of the Internet. Let that sink in. That means that over one-third of websites out there run on the WordPress platform. As someone with a WordPress site, you can probably understand why! It’s an easy-to-use and powerful system.
The downside to this is, that popularity ALSO makes it a target for hackers and malware.
If you’re not regularly performing maintenance on your site, it’s at risk.
There are TONS of plugins and tutorials out there to help – but let’s face it: Do you need one more thing on your to-do list? For most busy entrepreneurs and creators, it makes a whole lot more sense to delegate that task to someone else.
So, here’s how I can help:
Need more time? Have questions?
Content Updates and Q&A
Above all else, I’m here to help. Use your time to focus on your passion, and leave the website updates to me!
Sign up for 30 or 60-minutes of additional time per month for making website content updates such as:
- Posting details about upcoming events or webinars
- Formatting and publishing blog posts
- Updating your bio and headshots, or any other copy and images on your site
- Adding a new opt-in or lead magnet
You can also feel free to use your time to ask questions about your site, social media and email marketing, or analytics!
Plans and Pricing
Peace of Mind for your WordPress Website
- Daily backups of your WordPress website files & database
- Weekly review, updates, and testing of updates released for the WordPress core, themes, and plugins
- Weekly malware scans and removal, if needed
- A monthly email report of all maintenance performed
- Priority tech support via client portal support ticket system
- Preferred client rate of $75/hour for additional work (normally $90/hr for non-maintenance clients)
- Everything in the maintenance-only plan, PLUS…
- 30 minutes monthly for content updates and Q&A – see details
- Premium support via Voxer (voice memos, texts) or text message
Frequently Asked Questions
NOTHING TO SEE HERE
What happens if I need my site restored from backup?
Simply reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’m happy to assist you with restoring your site from backup!
What happens if the installation of updates breaks my site?
This is a great reason to outsource maintenance! Once updates are installed if one of them is faulty or causes an issue or conflict with another plugin:
- First, I’ll try to quickly diagnose the issue. Often times tweaking just a few settings will do the trick!
- If that doesn’t work, I’ll restore your site from its most recent backup so you’re back up and running with minimal downtime. Then I’ll email you to discuss a solution!
What happens if you find malware or malicious code on my site?
If I find malware or malicious code or malware on your site during one of our regular scans, the first thing I do is to try and remove or quarantine the problematic files. If for any reason that doesn’t work, I’ll work with you and your web host to clean up any issues and/or restore your site from a malware-free backup.
What's included in your monthly reports?
You’ll receive a report every month detailing all the maintenance that was performed, including:
- Documentation of backups performed
- Listing of all updates installed
- WordPress core system
- Security and malware notes
- Basic analytics
- If you subscribe to the PLUS 30 or PLUS 60 plans, a list of all additional content updates that were made during your allotted 30 or 60 minutes
How do I submit edits for my 30/60 minutes?
Please email ALL of your edits/questions in a single email for the month. Please attach any relevant content (e.g. photos, videos, text copy) to that email or link to them using a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and include the link in the email.
So long as all materials needed to complete the update(s) are provided, I will complete your requested edits within 3 business days.
S**t happens. If for some reason you can’t wait 3 business days, let me know and I’ll do my very best to accommodate your needs.
On the rare occasion that I take a vacation and will be away from my desk for more than a day, I’ll always email out an announcement at least 2 weeks in advance.
What can my 30 or 60 minutes of content updates be used for?
If you subscribe to the PLUS 30 (30 minutes) or PLUS 60 (60 minutes) plans, you can use your allotted time in one of two ways:
1. Content updates to your site. This includes things like updating text copy on existing pages, swapping out photos or videos, publishing blog posts, adding in code snippets for conversions or analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook tracking pixels, Pinterest verification meta tags, etc.)
This does not include the creation. of entirely new pages on your site or larger scale redesigns.
2. Ask a question (or two!) If you aren’t needing updates, feel free to submit a question or two by email. Typically I’ll respond with either an email or a Loom screencast video/demonstration if appropriate.
I’m happy to answer your questions about topics such as:
- WordPress – e.g. adding/editing content, where to find things in the admin area, etc.
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Google Analytics
What if I don't use my full 30 or 60 minutes for the month?
Time does not roll over month-to-month, so I encourage you to use your time to ask questions if you don’t have any copy/content updates needed for a particular month.
What if I need MORE than 30 or 60 minutes for the month?
If you submit a request that exceeds your allotted 30 or 60-minute plan, I’ll always email you and let you know before I start any work and provide a time/cost estimate to perform the requested edits.
So long as you keep your maintenance plan subscription, work exceeding your allotted monthly time will be billed at the preferred rate of $75 per hour. (Normal rates for non-subscribers is $90/hour.)
If you anticipate needing more than 60 minutes per month on an ongoing basis, I would love to discuss a custom retainer plan with you!
What's your cancellation policy?
Rest assured, you’re not locked into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. I ask that you please give 10 business days’ notice if at all possible and submit your cancellation notice in writing via email or your client portal ticket system.